As a well-known Drupal shop, Trellon continually strives to contribute back to the Drupal community in any way it can. Sometimes, we're just too busy, other times, we're just plain ol' lazy and, more often than not, Morbus is complaining about quality or apoptosis or whatever. By keeping track of what we give back, however, we hope to more clearly see how much we are, or aren't, helping Drupal help ourselves.
This month saw the release of two modules:
- http://drupal.org/project/teleport: "This module is intended for administrators who have to jump around to specific pages while managing Drupal sites. It's a hotkey-activated launcher utility inspired by Quicksilver. A configurable hotkey (Ctrl-T by default) brings up the dialog. Type in any part of the title or path of the page and an autocompleted list of possibilities will pop up. Unlike many other dynamic search modules, Teleport searches titles and paths of system pages as well as node titles."
- http://drupal.org/project/evoca_ms: "EMS (Evoca Media Services) allows web sites to add user-generated audio content using any telephone, a Flash Recorder, and uploading audio files and then delivers that audio content using customizable Flash Players or downloads, which are delivered back through a Web Service."
We also did a small project with the webform.module, which allowed us to submit a healthy number of patches. A good amount were committed:
- Typos and other random comments
- pagebreak gets saved as submitted_data
- Users editing webform link doesn't exist
- Store saved sid in form values for additional processing
- Increase webform_component.name to 255
- Change description from textfield and remove limit
And a few are still under discussion, testing, and rework:
- form is still displayed even if max number exceeded
- No permission for 'take webform'
- Limit to submissions, strange default behaviour
- Patch adding save draft feature
- Allow back and next buttons to customised
- webforms filter system for descriptions doesn't work with tinymce correctly
- incorrect file extensions are displayed by file upload
Until next month, superfriends, Develop Drupal Daringly!