As a well-known Drupal shop, Trellon continually strives to contribute back to the Drupal community in any way it can. Sometimes, we're just too busy, other times, we're just plain ol' lazy and, more often than not, Morbus is complaining about quality or phenoptosis or whatever. By keeping track of what we give back, however, we hope to more clearly see how much we are, or aren't, helping Drupal help ourselves.
This month saw the release of a number of modules:
- Xapian integration: "A common challenge for Drupal sites is working with documents in different formats and getting them into the search engine. Drupal does not natively index PDFs and Word documents, despite the fact they are the most commonly exchanged text formats on the Internet (outside of HTML) ... [we've] developed a module that replaces Drupal's native search features with the Xapian search engine." Read more.
- Teleport 1.0: We announced this last month, but our "hotkey-activated launcher utility inspired by Quicksilver" has reached 1.0, for both Drupal 5 and Drupal 6.
On a recent project, we've had to provide simple event signups and payment acceptance. The signup module provides part of this solution, but we also added the signup_pay and signup_status modules to the mix. Some remaining requirements resulted in a few additional companions:
- Signup Pay Early Bird: Adds two extra fields to the signup_pay module that allows the event creator to specify an early bird discount rate, or percentage, which is then taken into account by signup_pay (req. small patch).
- Signup Restrict by Role: Adds the ability to restrict signups to a particular role. For example, if you only want users with the "members" role to be allowed to signup for a particular event.
- Event Webform: Adds the ability to relate a webform to an event. This is particularly useful for letting users include requirements for the event (do they want lunch, a room, pickup at airport, etc.)
A healthy number of patches were also contributed, plus one for core:
- Drupal core: Allow new comment timestamp to be passed
- constant_contact: subscriptions.module integration
- link: Extra url parameters
- mailhandler: Dies if command line found with no command
- services: XMLRPC server does not honor optional parameters
- signup_pay: various typos (here too).
- signup_pay: Add new status code link doesn't show correctly
- signup_pay: Role weights errors
- signup_pay: Allow other modules to change payment amounts
- usernode: add user roles as a viewable field within views
Until next month, superfriends, Develop Drupal Daringly!