Trellon is a strategy and development firm that builds open source solutions for non-profit, NGO, political and academic clients. One of the oldest Drupal firms around, we are seeking a qualified Project Manager to join our team and help provide the thoughtful, innovative solutions we are known for.
Project managers are leaders in our delivery process, who work with Technical Leads and Internet Strategists to deliver outstanding solutions for our clients. Here's what we expect from someone in this role:
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects while working with a team of innovative developers.
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed to complete individual tasks and assign responsibilities in conjunction with other key members of teams.
- Conduct frequent check-ins with clients to communicate progress, demonstrate the operations of web products and collect feedback where appropriate.
- Ensure requirements documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately; participate in their creation where necessary.
- Manage project budget, monitor for overages and advises client and senior staff on impending budgetary events.
Who Should Apply
Project managers are skilled communicators and problems solvers who help our team to focus their efforts in the right places. You can expect to be working with clients on innovative projects that leverage social networks, mobile applications, and more to help solve real world problems. We look for people who can demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Communicating effectively with clients to resolve concerns and identify alternative solutions.
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Developing lasting relationships with clients that foster close ties.
- Challenging others to develop their professional and technical talents while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Inspiring confidence in others to attain goals, pursue excellence and become open source rock stars.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, make constructive suggestions for change, and positively contribute to the culture of the company.
- Effectively utilizing team members to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivating team members to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Mitigating conflict and communication problems by interceding when necessary.
What You Need to Know
There are some tools that go along with the trade, and it helps to know about the industry. We are looking for people with a good grounding in some or all of the following areas:
- Basic office communication tools such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Good grasp of the web development process, along with some understanding of how open source works. You do not need to be a technology expert for this position, but do need to be able to learn.
- A passion for the work of non-profit and political clients - we tend to get deeply involved in the missions of the people we work with.
How to Apply
We are accepting resumes immediately and want to talk to you.
- Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
- In your cover letter, please clearly outline relevant experience you wish for us to consider.